What does physical access control include?
The purpose of physical access control for businesses is to prevent unauthorised access to certain areas and ensure the security of people, goods and data.
We distinguish between access control solutions for persons and vehicles
Access control for persons includes the following security measures:
- Access passes: Individuals are issued with identification badges, such as key cards, proximity cards or RFID tags. These are needed to access certain departments of the company.
- Biometric identification: This involves the use of unique physical characteristics of a person, such as fingerprints, iris patterns or facial recognition. These are needed to verify a person's identity and grant access.
- PIN: Individuals may be asked to enter a specific code to access secure areas.
- Turnstiles and passage gates
Vehicle access control includes the following security measures:
- Access gates: Companies may use barriers, sliding gates or other physical barriers to control access to the site. Access is granted through an access pass, vehicle identification system or after communication via intercom.
- Vehicle identification: This may consist of using special tags, stickers or transponders on vehicles detected by a reader to verify the vehicle's identity and grant access.
- License plate recognition or LPR: Camera systems can scan license plates and compare them with a database of authorised vehicles to control access.
- Logistics automation: Bring together all the benefits of logistics processes and receive real-time information about the logistics flow on your site.
Linking with (existing) software
Using the API software link, which comes standard with all equipment, you can easily link new or existing software. Support by our specialised engineers is always provided.
Optimising your company's access together?
The exact system and measures for physical access control in companies depends on the size of the company, its security needs and the industry in which it operates.
We'd love to help you make the right choices.